Better Care Concierge Medicine is offering the COVID-19 antibody blood test. These antibody
tests will tell you if you had Coronavirus in the past. This is different from the COVID-19 PCR
and rapid antigen tests which indicate a current infection. To get an appointment simply use the contactless registration system.
Here’s How COVID-19 Antibody Testing Works
Once you’re infected with the COVID-19 virus, your body will start to make antibodies to fight the infection. Your body will continue to make these antibodies after you are free of the infection in hopes of preventing you from getting it again. Review our Faqs page for some frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 antibody blood test.
If you test positive for the antibodies, that does not mean you are over the viral infection. You could still be actively infected with COVID-19 and your body has just started to produce the antibodies that will eventually beat the infection. To determine whether or not you have an active COVID-19 viral infection, we’ll administer the viral infection test or a rapid antigen test. Below are the steps you can take if you would like to receive the COVID-19 antibody blood test.
How to Find Out If You’ve Had COVID-19
- When you arrive at the clinic, please expect a short wait time of fewer than 30 minutes.
- This is a simple blood test like any you may have had before for traditional bloodwork.
- When you come into the clinic for your COVID-19 antibody test, there will be no copay for your visit. If you have further questions about costs or insurance coverage click here.
- The antibody test is not the same as the COVID-19 viral infection test or rapid antigen test, which tells you if you are currently infected with the virus.
Can my child get a COVID-19 antibody test?
Yes. We are happy to test children 1 and up.
What if I am a business owner and I want my employees tested?
We are happy to set up an account and/or arrange for MainStreet to go on-site to test your employees. Please contact our sales team at email@example.com and Jasmin will get back to you as soon as possible. In your email, please include your company name, address, the total number of employees, and the number of employees you’ll need to be tested immediately.
What kind of test is this and how quickly do I get my results?
Blood – You can find more information on the COVID-19 antibody test here.
Results are typically given the same day with the majority reported in less than 24 hours.
How much does the COVID-19 antibody test cost?
We will submit the cost of the test and your visit to your insurance provider or the HHS Uninsured Patient Program. If for any reason they do not cover it, you will receive a bill. We recommend you contact your insurance provider to determine the following:
- If you will be responsible for the cost of the test and discuss the specifics of your plan and your current deductible balance
- Ask them about COVID-19 antibody testing with FDA Emergency Use Authorization
- In addition to the test, some insurance companies expect you to pay for the office visit when you get the test along with other tests that may be run at your visit (such as a flu test).
I’m bringing in my family of 5 to get tested.
Please refer to the instructions above. We always make sure to keep wait times to a minimum. We are trying to help all of you the best we can.
Do I have to wait in line? When can I go to the waiting room?
- There should be no lines or waiting outside the clinic. You will have a telemedicine visit with a provider before your test. All patients should wait in their car during their scheduled appointment time after using the contactless registration system.
- When you receive a text or call notifying you that it is your turn a staff member will come to your vehicle. Please wear a mask.
- If you are a patient that is ill, disabled, elderly, or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please make sure staff are aware.
- Currently, we are not taking COVID-19 tests samples in our clinic routinely.
What safety precautions are being taken?
- We ask that all patients must wear a mask inside the clinics.
- Please do not rearrange or modify our waiting rooms from our standard setup.
- Our clinic staff is continually sanitizing.
- Social distancing is a personal responsibility. We ask that you respect the space of others around you. If we all respect the space of those around us, everyone will benefit.
- We ask that everyone remember that we’re in this together. Patience with other patients and our staff goes a long way. Please be kind and understanding. Our staff is working overtime and we are trying our best to help each and every person that walks into the clinic.
If you have further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.